Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Holy Smoked Paprika!


Ding dong!

Last night I whipped up a salad dressing that completely ROCKED!

Just had to share it with you.

Don't forget to go make this RIGHT NOW!

Yes, I am juicing, but I do still taste test the food that I make for the fam when necessary...can't really just put it out there without tasting and adjusting. A little chef in me.


Smoked Paprika Ranch Dressing

1 1/2 cups raw cashews
1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups water
1 t onion powder
2-3 cloves garlic
1 t salt (or more to taste)
1 t lemon juice
2 t apple cider vinegar
fresh basil
1 t Italian seasoning
black pepper
1/2 t smoked Spanish paprika (or more to taste)

[I get my Smoked Spanish Paprika at Penzey's Spices. Or online. Tastes great on just about anything. Worthy.]

Throw all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.


I served this dressing over lightly steamed broccoli and brown rice with a little Red Pepper Avocado Chutney on top. Chutney is kind of a funny word. Chutney. Chutney.

This garnish - I mean chutney - made this completely EASY AND FAST dinner shine. And everyone gobbled it all up, begged for an encore, and put it at the top of their list for repeat performances.


The final touch:
Red Pepper Avocado Chutney

1 red repper (diced)
1 avocado (small cubes)
1/4 of a small purple onion (diced)
3 garlic cloves (minced)
1 T olive oil (drizzled)
1/2 lemon (squeezed)
coarse ground sea salt (sprinkled)
cayenne pepper (dashed)


The salad dressing would be great for, obviously, salads as well...
Pour some on top of an sliced avocado for an easy lunch.
Or just drink it with a straw.

Holy Smokes!

2 comments:

  1. oh babay! this sounds scrumptious!! thank you Ashley. inspiring... as all your posts are

    ReplyDelete